- About the East Bay Business Volunteer Council (BVC)
- Benefits of Joining the BVC
- Become a member
- Calendar of Meetings
- East Bay BVC Members
- Resources for BVC Members
- Contact Us
About the East Bay Business Volunteer Council
What is the East Bay Business Volunteer Council?
The Business Volunteer Council (BVC) is a coalition of East Bay businesses sharing a common interest in workplace volunteering and community engagement.
What is the mission of the BVC?
Volunteerism is essential to the well being of the community; it is good practice to engage business volunteers in meeting community needs. The East Bay Business Volunteer Council (BVC) provides a forum for the exchange of information and best practices. It also links the business community to local nonprofits.
Why join the BVC?
Enhance your company’s image and reputation in the community as a leader while gaining insight on community needs and issues.
Who can join?
Membership is open to for-profit businesses and corporations, government agencies and corporate foundations that have an existing employee volunteer program or are interested in starting one.
When are the meetings?
Lunchtime meetings are be held bi-monthly (January, March, May, July, September and November). Meetings will serve as an informational forum, providing companies a channel to exchange ideas and receive assistance regarding their employee volunteer program.
Sign-up to attend the next BVC meeting
(links for RSVP will be present when meeting details are added 4 weeks prior to meeting. If you are a member, the RSVP link will be emailed to you in the meeting invitation.)
New potential members welcome!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Jo Loss at 925-472-5767. We look forward to seeing you there!
What are the benefits of joining the BVC?
- Recognition of your company’s commitment to volunteerism for greater community awareness
- The opportunity to build business relationships, share ideas, and successes with other business volunteer program leaders
- Access to resources to enhance new and well-established employee volunteer programs
- Opportunities to learn about specific topics in business volunteerism
- In-depth information about local nonprofits and community needs
- Four (4) hours of consultation by the Volunteer Center staff
- Monthly group project bulletins
- Updates on Board Link positions
- Access to East Bay BVC membership directory
- Opportunity to be affiliated with California Volunteers, Hands On Network and Points of Light Foundation
- Company name promoted on BVC webpage
Become a member
Is your company or business interested in becoming a member? To join the East Bay Business Volunteer Council, please complete the Online Membership Application.
- 1-100 employees $100
- 101-250 employees $250
- 251-400 employees $500
- 401+ employees $750
Annual dues are based on the number of employees located in the East Bay.
BVC Members as of March 2012
- AAA – Northern California, Nevada & Utah*
- AAA – Insurance*
- Armanino McKenna*
- The Ascent Services Group
- Charles Schwab *
- Heffernan Insurance Brokers
- Kaiser Permanente
- Lam Research
- Mechanics Bank
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Safeway *
*Founding Members of the East Bay BVC
BVC Member Resources
Click here to access resources available to members of the East Bay Business Volunteer Council.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at 925-472-5760.