In the News
We appreciate publicity in local news media. Below is a list of articles highlighting our Center’s programs and activities.
- Contra Costa Times article – Volunteer Skills to Help Others – published February 10, 2015. Great tips on how to be an effective volunteer.
- Bay Area News Group article – Volunteer Center Connects Volunteers – published Dec. 9, 2014 – When the city of Danville needs volunteers, program specialist Julie Mason turns to The Volunteer Center of the East Bay to find area residents eager to lend a hand…
- Article in Contra Costa Times – published May 2014 VCEB honored longtime volunteers in our local communities at a luncheon event.
- Article in Parents Press – Getting kids to give back – Dec 2013
- Article by Faith Barnidge about the Volunteer Center in the Walnut Creek Journal. Published April 12, 2012.
- Volunteers honored by STAND for Families Free of Violence
Lauren Lyon, our former Program and Communications Director, spoke at STAND for Families Free of Violence’s annual volunteer appreciation dinner on May 3, 2011. The Danville Express summarized her keynote speech and published it May 8, 2011.
- East Bay Area Nonprofits Look for Volunteers at Local Fair
In partnership with the Volunteer Center, Oakland City Center hosted a volunteer fair for Oakland residents seeking opportunities to support their community. Published by Oakland North on Nov. 11, 2010.
- Volunteer Center Featured on the Cover of the Valley Yellow Pages
The Valley Yellow Pages generously donated the cover space, intro pages, and advertising space to The Volunteer Center of the East Bay for their Central Contra Costa and Fremont phone books. Distributed April 2010.
- Calling to the Need to Serve
Bay Area Parent (East Bay edition) explains the newly created National Day of Service and Rememberance on September 11 and how the Volunteer Center can help the public get involved. Published September 2009.
- The Gift of Time: Skilled Volunteers Found in Local Retirees
Lamorinda Weekly highlights the valuable service many retirees contribute in their communities. Published April 15, 2009.
- Volunteers flood Bay Area nonprofits
Contra Costa Times reports on the recent increase in volunteerism in the Bay Area. Published March 30, 2009.
- Teen Volunteer is a Community Leader
ABC7 honors a member Volunteer Center’s Youth Action Council (YAC). Published Jan. 19, 2007.
For press inquiries, call Jo Loss, Executive Director at (925) 472-5767 or contact us by email.