FIVE great reasons to make a volunteering resolution this year:
Very few things are as mutually beneficial as volunteering – to our community, to a nonprofit, to a recipient, and even to the volunteer themselves. Here are a few reasons to add volunteering to your resolution list this year! Very few things are as mutually beneficial as volunteering — to our community, to a nonprofit, to a recipient, and
even to the volunteer yourself. Here are a few reasons to add volunteering to your resolution list this year!
1. VOLUNTEERING IS A GREAT VALUE to the volunteer and the nonprofit to the recipient and the community. Did you know that the average value of a volunteer hour to a nonprofit is $22.55? (Of course, communities benefit if members are better off; the clients served are the direct beneficiaries of your time.)
2. VOLUNTEERING IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH. Countless studies have proven that doing good is actually good for your physical and mental well being. Get the health boost from making a difference!
3. VOLUNTEERING ACTUALLY DOESN’T TAKE THAT MUCH TIME. Studies of volunteers have shown that people who volunteer don’t really do more than those who don’t, nor do they have to give up other activities in order to find the time. Well, actually, the one area shows a change is that regular volunteers do watch slightly less television than non-volunteers. And isn’t that on your resolution list anyway?
4. VOLUNTEERING HELPS CREATE AND FIND JOBS. If you are searching for employment this year, keep in mind that volunteers are 27% more likely to get hired, and that more than 3/4 of hiring managers consider volunteer experience to be important when assessing a candidate.
5. VOLUNTEERING IS GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. Efficient use of resources helps all of us. Need we say more?
*BONUS REASON: VOLUNTEERING STRENGTHENS THE COMMUNITY AND WORKPLACE. Studies show that workplace volunteering benefits both the community and the employer and employee relationship. Because employees are happier, they can be more productive, and everyone benefits when the community is stronger. Get started today!